Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The reflection is the stare ..
The mirror leaves me bare ..

4:50 AM
I am standing in the front of the bathroom mirror on the second floor of Govind Bhawan, a residential hostel for students, and then ...



Today had been as uneventful as any other day in the sub-average life that I have been leading for more than twenty years now. But now as i reflect upon ..
....6:30AM
The slight slit in my room's sole window lets a beam of sunlight in .. cribbing about it .. forced to get up at a time only dogs and watchmen and nerds and fitness freaks and gaming freakos( that a lot, even I am amazed ) are awake .. I blast it back and look around for the chaddar to block the fuckin' ...
....7:00AM
The water starts filling in me, I am choking, I cannot swim, I do not think this is the end - I know it is ...
Shit, the whhhish of the news paper slipped under the room, I want to know what happens next in the dream. God, I am un-subscribing the newspaper first thing tomorrow.
Back to sleep .. And .. Sheah no beautiful baywatch babes for me .. I just die in the dream too.
....7:30AM
Thud.Thuddd..Thudddd. Ohh.. what
And a voice reminding me that I have no right to a night's sleep with classes to attend and submissions to make.
I accept the truth and scratching my head, get up to the bathroom which is already brimming with the olfactory pleasures and the visual delights to wake you out of your painful slumber. Slowly chewing my toothbrush on the shared washbasin, oblivious to the time I stand thinking nothing .. nothing at all. It's like a cerebral vacation most mornings for me...anyways back to the room, I am tempted by the towel and the soap case to go for the bath, but the watch completes the dilemma and I again decide against the long awaited bath. Stuffing my bag with the bare essentials of class - a newspaper, a novel, a pen and some half filled sheets. I run to break-fast at the mess - the most aptly named building I have witnessed. Pushing down the throat a few pieces of bread moistened partially by the saliva and partially by the milk, I leave for the department...
....8:00AM
Classes ... Classes ... Reading ....Classes ... more classes ... ticking clocks ... still more classes
....1:00PM
Yeah, Classes end. for a while though, but the hour long break is beloved..and even the mess food.
....2:00PM
Classes ... Classes ... Reading ....Classes ... more classes ... ticking clocks ... still more classes
....6:00PM
Canteen samosa chola fills my appetite and a coke thrust upon it induces a desire to doze off there .. out in the garden itself. But I muster the strength to go to my room. Sleep follows shortly after chit-chat on the net and some worthless reading.
....8:50PM
Thudd..'Mess chalne hai kya.?'Goodness, I do not want to miss my sweet dish..running off frantically I reach the mess and after some gobbling down the food, The Dish is there. Pleasure, even for a second is desired. In fact, true pleasure deserves only a second and no more.
....2:00AM
After a movie, name cannot be discussed here, neither the contents, mid night snack and bakar, I am back to the room. Orkutting and internetting are to follow. Accompanied with some Counter Strike - Which i sadly can only spectate - ., some cribbing about this and that and some shantaram - the novel am reading these days A look at the watch suggests 4:30 AM. Realising that everyday is the same...I go for a relieve to the bathroom - fondly referred to in our parts as hagga...

....4:48AM
Standing in front of the mirror, Disgruntled with yet another day of my wasted life..ohh what is it in the mirror. The reflection .. Is this life reflecting on me with the wings spread out or the apparitions .. have i all say- gone mad.I can sense some movement..the face is not there..a faceless beast about to attack me from the behind..what .. huh who ... and the power cut .. godsend !! I knew it today was going to be different . See, now whats happening . Arse , This is not the time to reflect upon your life and say fancy one liners about it. turn around and run. Quick you moron...its coming towards you .. It's ....

The dreaded pigeon flies off ... leaving me with the truth .

My life is ordinary

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i m too overwhelmed to post a comment..
U R TOO FOKI !!

Keep posting such humour-filled blogs..

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ordinary kahan hai dost... u ur self are extraordinary...

8:45 AM  
Blogger Chandan said...

i never knew there exist a boss, a superior, an ordinary banda in the crowd of subordinary farzis at a suburb place called roorkee

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home